Wednesday 18 March 2009

Not Stupid

Being a dutiful environmentalist, I went along to the ‘people’s premiere’ of Age of Stupid on Sunday. In case you haven’t heard, it’s a drama documentary about climate change starring lots of real people and Pete Postlethwaite. The real premiere was at Leicester Square, complete with celebrities and green carpet. The one I went to was in that temple of consumerism, the local multiplex. As I collected my ticket from the pre-paid tickets machine, a recorded voice told me ‘Don’t forget to visit the retail stand’. Under the circumstances, it seemed a bit incongruous. Actually, it would have been incongruous under any circumstances. It would be embarrassing to find myself saying ‘this is a Very Important Film’. But it is. It’s funnier than Al Gore’s as well. Go and see it. Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment